About An Hoang Ha
Ha is a highly skilled Vietnamese lawyer who has been practising law with Freshfields for 15 years.
With over 15 years of corporate and commercial experience, he is the lawyer of choice for many global companies operating or looking to do business in Vietnam.
Ha focuses his practice on corporate/M&A and has successful experience in the following areas:
- acting for foreign investors on their investments in Vietnam, including investment in equitised state-owned companies;
- acting for financial institutions on their investment in and divestment from Vietnamese commercial banks and insurance companies; and
- complex joint ventures, acquisitions transactions and corporate restructuring.
He has helped clients of the firm successfully close numerous high-profile transactions with a sophisticated structure.
Ha speaks fluent English.
- Advising Metro Group on the sale of its Cash & Carry wholesale operations in Vietnam.
- Advising two major Japanese banks on their strategic investments in the two largest state-owned joint stock commercial banks in Vietnam.
- Advising HSBC Insurance on its strategic investment in and divestment from Bao Viet Insurance, Vietnam’s leading state-owned insurance company.
- Advising Hewlett-Packard International on all aspects of its restructuring of its businesses in Vietnam which is dictated by the global restructuring.
- Hanoi Law University, Vietnam
- Admitted to the Hanoi Bar Association
- Member of American Chamber of Commerce
- Member of the Capital Markets Group of the Vietnam Business Forum