Strategic tax advisory
Our global tax team advises on the most complex, strategic and high-value cross-border transactions, while also supporting clients on their difficult day-to-day tax questions.
Getting corporate tax right in a transaction offers real value and can mean the difference between success and failure.
We provide cutting-edge tax advice on structuring and implementing deals, how to avoid tax pitfalls and the documentation needed to reduce or eliminate tax risks.
We deal with the full range of domestic and cross-border transactions, including:
- mergers and acquisitions (public and private), joint ventures, demergers and all manner of corporate re-organisations;
- private equity deals – from optimising fund structures for investors and post-tax cash flows on leveraged buy-outs to advising on complex financings, maximising flexibility on exits, financial modelling and management remuneration; and
- the full range of financial transactions and structures, both directly for clients and as part of multidisciplinary teams.
We also act as ‘deal counsel’ on cross-border transactions, which typically involves co-ordinating local tax advisers to ensure there is a consistent approach, a single strategic view and efficient client service across all relevant countries.
Our clients also face tax issues outside the context of specific transactions. These are diverse and can involve various taxes, sectors and/or jurisdictions.
Our international tax advisory practice helps businesses to navigate these challenges, which include:
- tax policy and risk management;
- international group structuring;
- regulatory and capital solutions;
- transfer pricing;
- VAT and indirect taxes; and
- employee/executive remuneration.
Our tax lawyers are also often involved in responding to tax policy consultations published by governmental bodies and tax authorities.
In addition, governments in jurisdictions with developing tax systems have consulted our tax experts on designing and implementing new tax laws and policies.